Gmt900 Wt With No Cruise Control... How Do I Get It?

FNG here... was wondering if anyone knew what parts are needed to get the cruise control functioning on this truck... obviously the steering wheel controls and harness, but with the fly by wire stuff, im completely ignorant on what is needed in the engine bay if anything or just a reprogram? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

You could buy the parts, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a dealer that will reprogram the PCM module to make it all work...it's heavily discouraged by GM. I found an aftermarket cruise control for my truck, it works well. Check them out here...

http://www.rostra.com/index.html

You could buy the parts, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a dealer that will reprogram the PCM module to make it all work...it's heavily discouraged by GM. I found an aftermarket cruise control for my truck, it works well. Check them out here...

http://www.rostra.com/index.html

I have the dealer part sorted out with the programming, just trying to figure out the parts needed. I'll see that site in mind also, appreciate the help. :thumbs:

I do not recall seeing anything in the engine compartment for cruise. If that is the case, you should just need the clock spring and the steering wheel. If going that route, get the steering wheel controls for the radio as well, and get a leather wrapped wheel.

I do not recall seeing anything in the engine compartment for cruise. If that is the case, you should just need the clock spring and the steering wheel. If going that route, get the steering wheel controls for the radio as well, and get a leather wrapped wheel.

Yep, def. plan on going that route, just need to make sure i have everything ordered before doing the deed. Cant seem to find a straight answer doing a search.

cruise.gif

What year truck? Have the dealer bring up the wire diagram for your year truck. I added cruise control to my 81 trans am that I installed a LQ9 engine into. Basically you only need to run wires from your TAC box to the column, from your fuse/relay box for power and a signal from your brake lights. The diagram I have shown is from a 2002 Escalade. I would make a trip to the junkyard.

Well straight from the dealer as to what i need.

•Steering Wheel with Cruise Control Buttons

•Steering Wheel SIR Coil

•Steering Column Wiring Harness

•Calibration or VCI number from Techline Customer Support

You might as well forget it. When you see what the first two parts cost to buy, you will be looking for an aftermarket cruise control kit.

I wanted to add steering wheel buttons to my '06 truck. I bought the steering wheel with buttons, which cost me about $ 170 (discounted price), but I too need the SIR coil and its price is over $ 400? For a stupid coil? I think that GM is deliberately pricing these parts ridiculously high to discourage people from doing mods that involve messing with the air bag harness. Also, they do not like to give out the codes needed for reprogramming. Needless to say, I gave up on this mod. Now I have a new steering wheel to get rid of.

Did cruise get moved to the steering wheel on some GMT800s? I thought on any of the electric throttle trucks you just needed the new turn signal stalk with cruise.

Did cruise get moved to the steering wheel on some GMT800s? I thought on any of the electric throttle trucks you just needed the new turn signal stalk with cruise.

My cruise control is on the turn signal stalk. The steering wheel buttons were used for the radio remote control, and keyless entry/exit settings, and the trip computer.

My cruise control is on the turn signal stalk. The steering wheel buttons were used for the radio remote control, and keyless entry/exit settings, and the trip conmputer.

Yeah nevermind, I misread your last post as wanting cruise in your '06. Neighbor is getting their driveway repaved and the workers started early- I'm not 100% today. :)

•Steering Wheel SIR Coil

I would suggest getting the VCI number from techline before you order the parts.

GM has instructed all Customer support personnel to not give any calibrations for features that were not present from the factory. Its grade a bull plop, but that is how gm wants to do business.

•Steering Wheel SIR Coil

I would suggest getting the VCI number from techline before you order the parts.

GM has instructed all Customer support personnel to not give any calibrations for features that were not present from the factory. Its grade a bull plop, but that is how gm wants to do business.

Agreed, thankfully i know a gm tech, or else i would be getting rid of this truck already lol. Frustrating that this stuff is not plug and play.

Archived